3D Laser Scanning
ParaMatic 3D Laser Scanning Solutions
ParaMatic’s 3D Laser Scanner captures the necessary information regarding assets for modelling and detailing of modifications or relocations. From point cloud visualization to detailed engineering and drawings, we guarantee accuracy and a cost & time reduction.
Building a high-quality and accurate digital twin of an asset allows for informed change management, resulting in more advanced planning, faster execution and better reporting of changes.
3D Scanning to Detailing for Fabrication - the process in a nutshell
- Using a 3D laser Scanner, we review the scan site and set up various points to ensure that we capture enough information required to model and detail sections of the plant, as required to meet client needs.
Once all the scans have been captured, the scans are then registered in specialized software and a point cloud is generated. The point cloud is a map of thousands of data points of information to form a spacial dataset that can be imported into Tekla, from here is used to model sections of a plant or existing infrastructure with precision and accuracy. Interpretation of point clouds from laser scanning and registration of multiple scans into a single point cloud is a very specialized skill that requires precise consideration, world-class computing software and hardware and experience in spatial analysis and modelling in CAD packages. If this is done incorrectly, the model and measurements will be largely inaccurate.
A full Tekla model is generated from the 3D scan which is then detailed for fabrication and drawings generated accordingly.
3D Laser Scanning has several benefits over manual measurement systems and
- It can eliminate human measurement errors
- It camtures cast quantities of data in a fraction of time
- It ensure that the effects of site conditions are accurately interpreted
- Interpretations of effect include normal wear and tear of plant operation over time:
- Deflection of metals
- Inaccuracies etc
- Detection of soft and hard clashes.
- Clashes identified at design stage can be eliminated cost-effectively.
- Given sufficient data, objects can be checked for compliance with relevant standards.
- Digital twin based on point cloud allows for a robust design approach for retrofitting.
- Identify accurate interface points between existing assets and retrofit parts.
- Less design time and costly rework.
- Reverse engineering of critical replacement parts or non-responsive OEM breakdown parts.
- Quality control: analyse as-built condition of fabricated items before delivery.
- As-builts models for developing CAD and BIM documentation.
WHY 3D SCANNING IS THE TEChNOLOGY OF CHOICE
3D Laser Scanning
- Eliminate human error
- Extremely accurate
- Significant reduction in cost and time
- Relevant information accessible from anywhere in the world
- Expert interpretation of point cloud information
- Inaccessible areas are recordable
- Archaic measurement techniques
- Greater chance of rework and increased costs
- Time consuming process
- Numerous errors in conventional information transfer
brownfields engineering application - the future of technology
the future of technology
We use our in-house developed software with 3D laser scanning and our mechanical, structural, and civil detailing expertise to ensure seamless detailing in brownfields projects. Investigate alternative routings, retrofitting options or develop construction or deconstruction sequences to suit your requirements.
Interested in our Brownfields Engineering Solution?